The 2018 Buderim Garden festival will be held on October 20th and 21st.
2017 buderim garden festival in the rain
The Sculptured Garden exhibition sold many items, the organised 12 bus groups all turned up except 2, - some missed a couple of gardens in the wet, but they mainly agreed that it was a good day out. Generally, most people were thankful for the rain rather than the inconvenience of it.
The Scouts "Festival Cafe" did a roaring trade, and the free mini buses transported people to the Open Gardens (courtesy of the Bendigo Bank).
Trophy winners received their prizes at the Opening ceremony on Saturday afternoon.
The Raffle with 11 excellent prizes was drawn at 2.30pm Saturday. The winners were phoned and the prizes distributed.
Festival photos, videos (and results) are now available : click on the segments in the above ribbon.
Buderim Garden Festival Trophy Winners for 2017
1. Champion Rose - Reg Gibson
2. Champion Bloom other than a Rose - Rod Nicholls
3. Champion Flower from Exotics - Ken Evans
4. Champion Flower from Natives - Teddy Gove
5. Foliage Collection - Ray Eadie
6. Champion Bonsai - Reg Gibson
7. Champion Plant in Standing Pot - Daphne Ludwig
8. Champion Hanging Basket - Ken Evans
9. Champion Novelty Arrangement - Lynda Reynolds
10. Best Fruit, Vegetables & Herbs Exhibit - Ken Evans
11. Best Children’s Plant Art (prep to grade 3) Nil
12. Best Children’s Plant Art (grade 4-7) Nil
13. Best Garden Photo - Elizabeth Hales
14. Encouragement Award - Joy Fixter
15. Most Points Section 1 – Cut Flowers - Ken Evans
16. Most Points Sec 6&7 of Schedule - Daphne Ludwig
17. Best Buderim Club Member in Show (most points in all sections) - Ken Evans
Buderim Garden Festival 2017 Co-Ordinators
Show Steward John Sargaison
Open Gardens John Lyon
Plant Stalls Shirley McDonald
Publicity Bev Schouten
Equipment Robin Porter
Secretary Monika Stinton
Photo shows Shirley, Monika, Bev, John S., John L. and Teddy. Absent is Robin Porter (he was OS at the time).
Next year’s Festival will be held on
October 20th and 21st 2018. Please plan for this.