Club Social Activities
MONTHLY MEETINGS are held with competitions and education being the focus
Commence at 2.00 p.m. on the second Friday of each month, February to November, in the Buderim War Memorial Hall. The meetings focus on education through discussion and interacting with informative guest and member speakers and building a strong community through social interaction.
Meetings include:Guest & Member Speakers covering a wide range of topics of interest to members.
Cut Flower Competition
Cut Flower Classes
- Rose -single stem.
- Single flower (any variety).
- Multiple flowers (any variety).
- Container of flowers, (minimum 6 stems 1 variety).
- Flower from a shrub (other than a native).
- Flower from a vine (other than a native).
- One stem of bract (e.g., bougainvillea, poinsettia)
- Rhizomes and tubers.
- Cut of foliage, leaf or piece.
- Flower from a native plant, tree or shrub.
- Camellias, azaleas, bulbs and hibiscus when in season
Click into the monthly photo competition
- Entries to be photos taken anywhere in the world, by member competitor.
- Three entries per member for each monthly competition.
- Entries will be digital - size of image minimum 1MB. Upload entries by CLICKING HERE by the end of the calendar month i.e January 31st for February competition.
- Rules are provided upon request, displayed on the noticeboard and on the website under the PHOTOS heading,
- Points are awarded: 3 for First, 2 for Second, 1 for Third. Judges’ decision is final.
Submit your fab photo entry each month for a chance to win a place and trophy.
Highest aggregate points will be awarded the Buderim Garden Club Perpetual Photography Trophy, at the AGM, with a photo frame presented to second.
Hands-on gardening is enjoyed informally in members’ gardens, sharing local knowledge, experience, plant cuttings and a cuppa.
Workshops are announced at monthly meetings with a reminder sent via email.