September 13th Meeting
August 9th 2019Meeting
Club member Nev Douglas shared his expertise in growing orchids - north facing, controlled temperature, good drainage, don't overwater, spagman(?) moss.
He wins many prizes in the orchid section of our Cut Flower Competition, and his slides showed many magnificent displays of his orchids.
the raffle prizes and the Lucky Door Prize..
JULY 12th meeting
July's Guest speaker was Caz Owens,
who gave a most entertaining, friendly and informative talk about her life on her edible rose farm.
Manawee nursery, as usual, provided a magnificent pot plant for our raffle, which was drawn by Cassie and Joy.
June 14th Meeting - Geoff Robinson
May 10th 2019 Meeting
Carmel brought many begonias which were sold to many people.
April 12th Meeting
Their very affordable products are available at our local Manawee garden centre.
March 8th 2019 Meeting
February 8th 2019 meeting report
Gardens: 39 Berlin Road Mount Berryman 6am – 6pm/ 7 days Over 400 plants for sale.
Book in to view the geranium gardens
Workshop or talk for a garden club: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Expert Gardening Panel of Ken Evans, Robin Porter and Steve Dickson, again impressed and also entertained the audience.
Steve spoke at length from his notes about Garden and Lawn Maintenance in the hot summer weather, with Ken and Robin adding more information.
Steve also announced an upcoming Workshop. Details TBA.
- Christmas Dinner: New Venue - Buderim Tavern & different day Thursday 5th December Cost $25 to members ($30)
- Buderim Garden Book: special members price $10.00
- Shedders meet Friday 3pm on 4th week month - Need new volunteers
- Edna Walling Garden Group - meet 3rd Monday month 6:30am - need new volunteers.
- Newsletter - members who can’t print their own to take a copy.
- New Group – Pioneer Cottage, meets 1st Wednesday month 9 to 11am
November 9th meeting 2018 - the agm
Laurel and Peter Asimus, Reg Gibson, Rita Eaton, Barbara Sherstone, Shirley and Stuart Wallace,
Marjorie Van Roy, Robin Porter.