QLD GARDEN EXPO
Check it out under the Festival heading above.
However, this meeting will also be a Buderim Friendship meeting where other clubs are asked to join us. So, this will also be a special meeting.
· July 20-14 Toowoomba Camellia Show and Garden Expo at Toowoomba TAFE Campus. Open 9-4 pm.
Entry $8. www.toowoombacamelliashow.com
25th July Christmas in July lunch
· August 25 Brisbane Organic Growers Fair, Albion Peace Centre:102 McDonald Rd. Windsor 9 – 4
· Wed Aug 28 Fashion Parade Mt Coot-tha
· Toowoomba Clivia Society Show – September Carnival of Flowers
· Lockyer Valley Festival- Laidley Sept 12-13
· Maryborough Open Historic Houses and Garden weekend Sept 21-22
· Tulip Time- September 24-Oct 7. Bowral NSW
· Geranium and Pelargonium Annual Spectacular Sept 28Mt Coot-tha
· Floral Art Society Floriferous Forms Open Show, Sept 21-22Mt Coot-tha
· Buderim Garden Club Spring Flower Show and Open Gardens Oct 18,19 & 20th.
Contact Leanne Crowe to join this happy group on the 3rd Monday of the month
Australia Day Parade, 2019
- The Buderim Australia Day parade was held on Saturday 26th January. Probably due to the extreme heat, there weren't many garden club members who participated, nor the usual large crowd of spectators. However, the participants enjoyed giving out colourful flowers and herb posies.
- The parade finished on the Buderim Mountain State School oval where the Men's Shed chaps organised games, and a lively band entertained the crowd. The vintage cars and marching bands created a lot of interest.
The winner of the best group were the Coastal Caring Clowns who were badly behaved babies connected to a large doll and pram.
The New Group will meet on 1st Wednesday of the month, from 9 to 11am. Ring 0448 714 561 to join this group.
Edna Walling working get together is on the 3rd Monday of the month, starting at 6 a.m in the summer. Join Leanne Crowe & Ken Evans and others in the early morning shade.
The next meeting will be on the 26th May. Come early and stay late for a social time.
The Photographic Competition in 2019 will be a monthly competition.
The rules governing this competition are shown under the above heading of Photos.
Any enquiries should
be directed to Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
There are a few 2019 Calendars left @ $7 & the Gardens of Buderim Book is now $10
Laurel and Peter Asimus were farewelled at the Christmas Lunch.
John Lyon spoke about their enormous involvement with the Garden Club, and how they will be sorely missed.
Both Laurel and Peter responded to this speech, and said that they too are going to miss their garden club friends and activities.
Peter organised many wonderful bus trips over many years too.
David Edwards Memorial Seat dedication, 25th November 2018.
He was very community minded - helping with sound projects for Anzac Day and hall activities and generally where help was needed.
This seat is outside the Buderim Memorial Hall, facing towards the Village Park, and is surrounded by a garden which was created and will be maintained by the Buderim Garden Club's Shedders group.
Pictured above are the Shedders Co-Ordinator Teddy Gove, the BGC President John Lyon and Helen Wallace, together with David's family John Edwards (brother), Anne Stitz (sister), Bernadette McMahon (long-time friend from school days), Sue Williams (David’s twin sister), and John McMahon (BWMC Hall President).
Below, are the Shedders Group who created the garden, the finished seat, John McMahon presenting the verbal tribute, and the RAN plaque,.
David's family (from left) John
Edwards (brother) and his wife Denise, Sue Williams (David’s twin sister), Anne Stitz (sister) and her husband Russell Stitz .
The Buderim Garden Festival 20th & 21st October 2018.
Then there was a lovely clear day on the Saturday and most of Sunday, and the thunderstorm which came at 4:00 pm was just after all things were packed away. It was a sunny, successful weekend – the opposite to last year’s torrential rain!
Many thanks are due to the Garden Club members who contributed and made this happen.
Special thanks to John Lyon as the co-ordinator, John Sargaison as the Chief Steward, and Monika Stinton as the general run-around-fixer-of-problems.
There were record entries in the hall's Decorated Shoe section, and the children’s Small World Gardens at Milford Lodge.
Patricia Moses has posted many wonderful videos of the Festival events on Facebook. Check these out under the FB & Links window above.
The sum of $2,000 is being given to install "fairy" lights in 2 trees adjacent to the old Buderim P.O. in Burnett St., Buderim. Council approval is still underway for this to happen. This is still a work in progress!
*** Patricia Graham is producing a monthly Newsletter which will be sent out on line to all members who have given their email address to the Club. Hard copies are only available at the monthly meeting for non-email people.
Gardens of Buderim Book
“Gardens of Buderim” is now on sale at Manawee Garden Centre and at the Old Post Office-Buderim. Price is now $10
Contact John Lyon, President, Buderim Garden Club, on Email email@example.com or Mobile: 0448714561 to order copies.