BUDERIM GARDEN FESTIVAL PHOTO COMPETITION AND DISPLAY
August's topic is "Art in the garden" No competition in September.
Second Prize: Patricia James
Third Prize: John Lyon
Many thanks to Paul Lucas for his helpful comments and judging of our competition.
There is no Photo competition in September, but the Festival competition is in October.
July Photo Competition: Topic " Garden Feature in a Queensland Garden"
Photos were displayed in a power point presentation before the meeting, and also displayed on a noticeboard.
June Photo Competition: topic “ A Tree- exotic or native- evergreen or deciduous”
First Prize: Chris Ryan
Many thanks to Merryn for presenting the best photos on the display board.
May 2019 Photo Competition: Subject "Visitors to the Garden"
Merryn announced the place getters at the meeting, and the printed winners were displayed at the meeting.
All entries were of excellent standard.
Results of April Photo Competition
Joy Goulding-first, Ann Tucker-second and Steve Wikman- third.
Results of March Photo Competition 2019
Seventy two images were submitted for judging with many members receiving awards.
Send your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org
BUDERIM GARDEN CLUB INC
PHOTOGRAPHY COMPETITION 2019 - New Format
The closing date for receipt of entries
is the last day in each month (Feb 28th for March judging, 23rd March (early) for April judging,
30th April for May etc.)
Paul Lucas has agreed to be the judge. He is a very well qualified photographer, who is responsible for the beautiful Garden Clubs of Australian annual calendar.
MARCH Close-up of flower/s, Foliage, Fungi
APRIL Garden Scene (Public or Private Queensland Garden) Use Landscape orientation to take photo
MAY Garden Visitors (Public/Private Garden) birds, bees, reptiles etc
JUNE A tree (exotic/native, deciduous/evergreen)
JULY Garden feature in a Queensland garden (ponds/fountains, Steps, pathways, arches, sculptures)
AUGUST Art in the Garden
- The entrant must be a financial member of The Buderim Garden Club
- Photos must be taken by the entrant and not previously submitted
- Cropping and colour contrast/enhancement is permitted
- Use of image editing software is not permitted (eg. Lightroom, Photoshop, filters, special effects)
is limited to 3 colour photographs in
each category and submitted as digital files to email@example.com
Please do not send your photos to a Committee Member or another Garden Club email address
- In your email state your name & m/ship No. (found on the back of your badge) the name of plant/fauna or place name of garden scene/feature
- Points will be awarded for 1st,(3) 2nd,(2) & 3rd (1) in each category
- 1st & 2nd Finalists for overall points scored will receive an award
- Horticultural Value 50%
- Photographic Value 50% (Appearance & Impact)
- The Judge’s decision will be final
THE ENTRANT AGREES TO IMAGES BEING PUBLISHED IN ANNUAL CALENDAR, NEWSLETTER OR BUDERIM GARDEN CLUB WEBSITE
Committee member Elaine Davidson is the co-ordinator of this Photography Competition, and any enquiries should be directed to her via the Email : firstname.lastname@example.org